Sunday, 29 November 2009
ALEXANDRA BURKE BRINGS MUSICAL FESTIVE CHEER TO LONDON
Crowds set to gather for Quality Street Caroleoke
The countdown to Christmas kicks off on Tuesday 1st December with a magic moment of Alexandra Burke and swarms of Londoners singing along to top Christmas hits by Tower Bridge on Southbank.
The Quality Street Christmas sing-a-long looks set to fill the banks of the River Thames with tuneful renditions of Christmas classics including Silent Night, The X Factor star’s own No.1 hit ‘Hallelujah’ and of course the Quality Street favourite, ‘Magic Moments’.
From 11am passers-by will be treated to several hours of the nation’s favourite songstress in a winter wonderland complete with Christmas trees, snow and a church choir.
For further information and images, please contact Frank PR on 0207 693 6999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Following classified ads placed in The Stage, The Sun and The Metro directing hopefuls to cleverhamsters.com, drench, the spring water brand, was inundated with applications from talented hamsters wanting to audition for a starring role in their new TV advert.
These hamsters were spotted outside London’s Jazz Café queuing up to show off their musical skills. The final band - ‘The Clever Hamsters’ – will be demonstrating their jazz talents in the new drench advert which will be aired on TV in December.
Monday, 23 November 2009
Grandma, we want to be Number One again!
innocent big knit choir launch Christmas charity single
Having been out of the limelight for almost 30 years, former primary school popstars have reformed as the innocent big knit choir as they today launch their all-new version of ‘There’s No One Quite Like Grandma’. Six weeks after announcing their comeback, the 1980 Catholic school choir are taking on the big guns this year in a bid to become Christmas number one with their charity single in aid of the 2009 innocent big knit campaign.
14 of the original choir members who now include an architect, an HR consultant and a mortgage advisor will go head-to-head with big names such as Robbie Williams, George Michael and the much anticipated 2009 x-factor winner. The 2009 version of the 1980 hit record, which originally knocked music legend John Lennon off the number one spot, is now available on iTunes with all profits from the single* donated to innocent’s big knit charity - Age Concern and Help the Aged.
Every year, the innocent big knit sees members of the public hand-knit woollen hats for innocent Smoothies and Squeezies, and woollen warmers for innocent Veg Pots. For every woolly product sold in Sainsbury’s stores, innocent and Sainsbury’s give 35p to Age Concern and Help the Aged. Along with proceeds donated from the woolly hats, the charity single aims to raise over £250,000 supporting healthy eating and living projects for older people this winter.
The innocent big knit campaign has also attracted star backing including actress June Whitfield who has a cameo in the video and legendary record producer Pete Waterman who hopes the choir will be hot on the heels of x-factor judge Simon Cowell this year.
Pete Waterman said, "Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without hearing ‘There’s No One Quite Like Grandma’ and I’m thrilled the choir has reformed to bring this fun record to a new audience. The charity single celebrates Grandmas everywhere and we want people to dig deep to get this song to number one to raise as much money as possible for Age Concern and Help the Aged as part of innocent’s big knit 2009. It would also be great if it gave my old mate Simon Cowell’s X-Factor single a run for its money in the Christmas chart stakes."
innocent founder Richard Reed said, "We’re really excited to be going up against so many big names in the music industry for Christmas number one. It would be a dream to see the innocent big knit choir take the top spot against the celebrities releasing singles this Christmas as well as marking the return of the charity Christmas number one record since Band Aid 20 in 2004."
‘There No One Quite Like Grandma’ is available for download now from iTunes at 79p. To view the music video and exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, log onto www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/bigknitchoir.
*A total of 42p from every download will go directly to Age Concern and Help the Aged
For more information or to interview a member of the choir, please contact the innocent team at Frank on email@example.com or 0207 693 6999
To find out more about The Big Knit Choir, log onto www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/bigknitchoir. Become a fan of The Big Knit Choir on Facebook and follow on Twitter @innocentdrinks (http://twitter.com/Innocentdrinks from your web browser) and if you are talking about The Big Knit Choir and want to link up with other choir fans just use #BIGKNITCHOIR in your Tweet.
Notes to editors:
· Innocent behatted smoothies, veg pots and kids squeezies are now on sale in Sainsbury’s nationwide.
· To date the Big Knit, has raised over £600,000 and the initiative sees members of the public and Age Concern volunteers knit woollen hats for innocent Smoothies and Squeezies, and woollen warmers for innocent Veg Pots. For every woolly product sold in Sainsbury’s stores, innocent and Sainsbury’s will give 35p to Age Concern and Help the Aged.
· There's No-one Quite Like Grandma was originally a number one hit single by Stockport-based primary school choir St. Winifred's School Choir in 1980. It was the Christmas number one single in the United Kingdom from 27 December 1980 - 3 January 1981. The song was written by Gordon Lorenz.
Age UK is the new force combining Age Concern and Help the Aged. We will be known by our new name from Spring 2010. The Age UK family includes Age Scotland, Age Cymru and Age NI.
· Choir members and their home towns include:
Lisa Hughes, from Stockport
Eileen Brown, from Northwood
Nicola Williams, from Stockport
Catherine Bailey, from Bolton
Bernadette Egan, from Dublin
Tara Daynes, from Camden
Dominic Blythe, from Huddersfield
Helen White, from Stockport
Nicola Hulme, from Stockport
Dionne Birtles, from Stockport
Carole Allen, from Nottingham
Jo O’Driscoll, from Cheshire
Carolyn O’Driscoll, from Cheshire
Katie O’Driscoll, from Cheshire
The Big Knit Fact File:
· It’s a sad fact that in the UK, 1 in 10 people over the age of 65 are malnourished. So when it’s nippy outside, it’s even more important for older people to look after themselves and make sure their bodies are in tip top shape.
· For every behatted smoothie, veg pot or squeezies sold in Sainsbury’s stores, innocent and Sainsbury’s will give 35p to Age Concern and Help the Aged.
· The monies raised will be used to support healthy eating and healthy living projects for older people. These include advice centres offering information on healthy eating as well as cooking clubs and get-togethers where older people can sit down and enjoy a meal in each other’s company.
· Innocent smoothies retail at £1.89, veg pots at £3.59 and kids’ squeezies at £1.99.
Friday, 20 November 2009
VIRTUAL VIOLENCE OFFENDERS REVEALED
Beatbullying names and shames websites in landmark report on cyberbullying
November 16, 2009 – LEADING bullying prevention charity, Beatbullying today announces the true extent of cyberbullying among young people in the UK by publishing its definitive report, ‘Virtual Violence: Protecting Children from Cyberbullying’ . In particular, the report highlights the number of extreme cases where a young person is persistently and systematically cyberbullied, even receiving death threats online.
To launch Anti-Bullying Week (16-21 Nov) – whose theme this year is staying safe in cyberspace - Beatbullying is also revealing the websites where cyberbullying is most prevalent. Almost one in three (30%) of 11 to 16-year-olds who have been cyberbullied had experienced the problem on Bebo, earning the social networking site the nickname ‘Bullybo’ among many young people. A further 44.6% have witnessed bullying on the site.
MSN instant messenger is also exposed as 57.9% of cyberbullied young people said they have been bullied using the service. Further offenders are social networking sites Facebook (11.3%) and MySpace (10.3%), plus web builder Piczo (16.3%) where, in some cases, fake accounts and hate sites have been created. You Tube (15.5%) also suffered as footage of bullying incidents can be proliferated on the video sharing site.
In response to findings that 69% of young people who have been cyberbullied would take advice from their peers online, Beatbullying launched the world’s first peer mentoring social networking site CyberMentors (cybermentors.org.uk) in March 2009. Now children and young people concerned about any form of bullying can seek support and advice at a purpose-built site. Since its launch over 214,000 young people have accessed help from one of 1,900 trained CyberMentors, with at least 147,000 mentoring conversations taking place.
Beatbullying has previously shown that one in three young people have been a victim of cyberbullying, defined as where an individual is deliberately targeted, threatened or humiliated by an individual or group through the use of mobile phones or the internet.
The charity’s definitive report now reveals that as many as 340,000 – or 1 in 13 – children and teenagers in the UK (8.2%) are subject to persistent bullying via digital technology day in and day out, over a period of many months.
Beatbullying’s research of 11-18 year-olds also found that:
• 61.2% have witnessed some form of cyberbullying
• Seven out of ten (69.3%) knew the person who was cyberbullying them
• Almost a third (31.3%) of cyberbullying incidents began offline
• Two-thirds (61%) have seen or heard of fake profiles, hate sites or happy slapping material
• One in five (20.8%) have seen hate sites or groups set up to bully someone online
• Nearly one quarter (24.5%) have been sent a video clip or image of someone being bullied
• Girls are most likely to be cyberbullied, as well as cyberbully; 23.8% of girls have received an upsetting or offensive phone call compared to 12.2% of boys
Emma –Jane Cross, chief executive of Beatbullying, says: “We know the consequences of cyberbullying are just as traumatic as those of face-to-face bullying; in the past year alone, we’ve witnessed tragic suicides resulting from relentless online hate campaigns.
“Suicide is an extreme manifestation, but research already underway shows us that increased isolation, poor educational attainment and self-destructive behaviour all readily follow cyberbullying.
“We must all act together, and fast. Beatbullying’s CyberMentors empowers young people to help their peers deal with of all forms of bullying and with over 190,000 children seeking help in the first 9 months, it’s clear there is a real demand and need for this. It is imperative that CyberMentors receives the necessary funding to develop beyond a pilot project, and so help even more young people affected by bullying.
“Today I also urge social networking sites, internet service providers and mobile phone companies to take measures to identify and remove offensive material, making cyberbullying much more difficult for the perpetrators.
“The Government, schools, parents and charities will all play their role in overcoming cyberbullying; after all, it is a clear extension of the bullying we have seen in schools and communities for a very long time which is why Beatbullying’s programmes, like CyberMentors, address the root of the problem. If the culture can be changed to one where bullying is unacceptable, there will be no bullying on or off-line.”
The report also highlights the threat of cyberbullying to vulnerable groups of children:
• Pupils with Special Educational Needs are 16% more likely to be persistently cyber bullied over a prolonged period of time
• Pupils receiving Free School Meals are 13% more likely to be persistently cyber bullied over a prolonged period of time
• White non-British ethnic background all reported a higher incidence of this intense form of cyberbullying
Of CyberMentors’ regular users, 13.78% receive school meals and 5.74% have special educational needs. There are 40 adult volunteer counsellors on hand to help the young CyberMentors deal with severe issues if required.
For more information visit: cybermentors.org.uk | beatbullying.org | 0845 338 5073
Frank PR –|0207 693 6995
Beatbullying -| 0781 400 4963
NOTES TO EDITORS
Beatbullying is the UK’s leading bullying prevention charity. Founded in 1999, Beatbullying empowers young people to lead anti-bullying campaigns in their schools and local communities, and builds the capacity of local communities to sustain the work. Beatbullying has directly and indirectly worked with 700,000+ young people over the last seven years, assisting and supporting young people that are being bullied, re-educating and changing the behaviour of young people that bully and preventing bullying in schools and communities across the UK.
Cybermentors.org.uk is a safe, social networking site providing information and support for young people being bullied or cyber bullied. Young people, aged 11-25, are trained as CyberMentors, in schools and online, so that they can offer support to their peers. Encapsulated by cutting edge technology, it is a safe website where young people can turn to other young people for help and advice. CyberMentors are also supported by trained counsellors, available online if needed. CyberMentors is a Beatbullying project.
Virtual Violence: Protecting Children From Cyberbullying
Beatbullying delivered a comprehensive 32-question survey into secondary schools in several areas across England. Beatbullying worked directly with 2,094 young people, aged 11-18, who all responded to a questionnaire.
Thursday, 19 November 2009
EXtreme times call for eXtreme measures
Alton Towers Resort hires Simon Cowell’s ex bodyguard to protect new ride
Simon Cowell’s ex bodyguard, Tony Adkins AKA “Big Tony” has been hired to keep trespassers out of the Alton Towers Resort following an attempted break in. Growing speculation and online rumours surrounding the new ride, codenamed secret weapon 6 (SW6), is causing fans to take matters into their own hands to unveil the attractions secret element, as management remain tight-lipped.
Tony Adkins also former bodyguard to Princess Anne, Iron Maiden and Boy George will act as a security consultant to the Resort on the equivalent of a six-figure salary (pro-rata). Adkins’ challenging role will consist of managing and training Alton Towers Resort’s security staff, and develop security strategies to ensure SW6 from now on is protected. The estimated £15 million rollercoaster, scheduled for launch in March 2010 is set to be a world first, with a never before seen feature that bosses hope will woo crowds to the Resort.
Other extreme security measures include, the increase of security staff at the building site, banning cameras and mobile phones, issuing non-disclosure agreements to staff - threatening immediate sacking and a hefty fine. The Resort has even approached Google Earth to black out the building site.
Tony Adkins, security consultant at Alton Towers Resort says: “I have looked after celebrities and even a member of the Royal Family, but this has to be one of my toughest assignments yet. There are many rollercoaster fans desperate to find out why this new ride is so unique and will stop at nothing until they find out. I am confident that with the new strategies in place future trespassers will not be able to enter the site. SW6 is fully protected!”
Morwenna Angove, Sales and Marketing Director at the Alton Towers Resort said: “All staff working on the project have been served with a list of extreme security measures. There is a die-hard fan base out there dedicated to the discovery of information about the new ride and the Resort is desperately trying to keep it under wraps. This is a totally unique ride and we’ll go to any lengths to ensure it remains a top secret.”
For further information, please contact Frank PR on 0207 693 6999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
The MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP is the leading name in location based, family entertainment, which has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. The world’s second largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin has 57 attractions and 6 hotels in 12 countries, across 3 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 32.4 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and 13,500 employees. Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions – SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, The London Aquarium, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Heide Park, Underwater Adventures, and Earth Explorer.
Wednesday, 18 November 2009
Gran Is For Life…Not Just for Christmas
Premier Inn Brings Families Together Over Festive Period
Grans and Granddads across the UK are missing out on seeing their grandchildren, with 40% of British kids seeing their grandparents less than once a month, says a new study out today by Premier Inn.
Londoners are the worst in the UK for getting kids together with their grandparents, with nearly half (48%) seeing their grandparents fewer than 10 times a year. Close behind the Capital is East Anglia, with 43%, shortly followed by the North West, with 38% seeing their grandparents less than 10 times a year.¹
To help encourage more families to spend time together, Britain’s biggest hotel chain, Premier Inn, is offering ‘Buy One, Get Nan Free’ (BOGNF) packages at selected hotels in the run-up to Christmas – meaning a completely FREE additional room for Gran and/or Granddad when mum, dad and the kids stay. There is limited availability for this offer and so early booking is strongly recommended.
Premier Inn spokesperson, Steve Conway, said: “We appreciate it can be tiring having relatives stay with you at Christmas, or having to travel a long way; meeting for a short break half-way between your two homes can be much more enjoyable.”
The BOGNF package is being made available on a strictly first come first served basis at 8 Premier Inn locations across the UK during December to help families spend more time together in the festive period.
Buy One Get Nan Free package locations
o Bournemouth Central
o Cardiff North
o Newcastle City Centre (Newbridge Street)
o Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place)
o Leicester Central
o Liverpool North
o Manchester City Centre (Portland Street)
o Oxford South
Steve Conway adds, “Families may choose to spend time together or perhaps some lucky parents may be able to persuade Granny and Granddad to babysit!”
To find out more on the ‘Buy One Get Nan Free’ offer, bookings for which are being offered on a strictly first-come, first-served basis, families should email email@example.com to enquire about a booking.
If you’re looking for a great value stay, and don’t want to take advantage of the ‘Buy One, Get Nan Free’ package, Premier Inn is also making 330,000 rooms available for just £29 over the Christmas period.
¹Independent survey of 1000 participants conducted by One Poll for Premier Inn, November 2009
For further information please contact Frank PR on 020 7693 6999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
About Premier Inn
Award-winning Premier Inn is the UK’s largest and fastest-growing hotel brand with 582 budget hotels and more than 40,000 rooms across the UK and Ireland. Premier Inn bedrooms feature en-suite bathroom, TV with Freeview, and WiFi internet access. Premier Inn offers customers a money-back ‘Good Night Guarantee’ of a good quality room, comfortable surroundings and friendly service, which is unique amongst Britain’s leading hotel chains
All Premier Inns feature a bar and restaurant; situated inside the hotel or adjacent, offering a wide range of food choices. Premier Inn was the first Britain-wide hotel group to sign up with national tourist board VisitBritain; this means Premier Inn is now part of a new quality assessment scheme, specially created for budget accommodation.
In 2008 Premier Inn launched in Dubai and will be opening in India later this year. On a domestic front, Premier Inn is set to be the largest provider of budget hotels in London by 2012.
Premier Inn is currently offering rooms for just £29 (restrictions apply). Visit www.premierinn.com for full terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions for Premier Inn Buy One Get Nan Free
1. The offer is available on a strictly first-come, first-served basis
2. The offer is only available at 8 selected Premier Inn hotels, on selected dates and subject to availability, 2 packages will be available at each of the selected Premier Inn Hotels (Bournemouth Central, Cardiff North, Newcastle City Centre - Newbridge Street, Edinburgh Central - Lauriston Place, Leicester Central, Liverpool North, Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, Oxford South)
3. The offer is available to book from 10 November 2009 to 27 November 2009 (although the offer is on a first come, first served basis so the offer may have closed before then and you are advised to submit bookings requests ASAP from 10 November 2009).
4. Stays must be booked 21 days in advance so first actual stay will be available from 1st December 2009 and the last possible date for a stay will be 18 December 2009. Stays are not available 15, 16, 17 December 2009.
5. Bookings can only be made via email@example.com
6. Only one booking per household
7. The offer is room only basis and includes a free double room with the standard priced family room that is paid for by the guest
8. Offer is for one night stay only
9. When making an enquiry, the following information must be given:
b. Contact telephone number as well as e-mail address
c. Preferred date for booking
d. Preferred site for booking
10. Email notification with a reference number will be sent to you if your enquiry is successful in securing a booking within 48 hours of making your enquiry
11. Following email notification Premier Inn will contact you via telephone to book your room, we will require credit card or debit card details to secure your room booking
12. This offer is non-refundable and bookings are not amendable
13. Premier Inn has the right to amend or withdraw this offer without notice
Buy One Get Nan Free package locations
o Bournemouth Central
o Cardiff North
o Newcastle City Centre (Newbridge Street)
o Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place)
o Leicester Central
o Liverpool North
o Manchester City Centre (Portland Street)
o Oxford South
Friday, 13 November 2009
Mr Sandman bring me a dream…
Nationwide Search to find the first ever Sandman Apprentice
LONDON (12th November 2009) – Sandals, the leading group of luxury beach resorts is offering one lucky member of the public a job of a lifetime – the chance to become the first ever Apprentice Sandman, who’ll go out to the Bahamas for two weeks to learn from the expert. Unique to Sandals, the Sandman is an expert in all things sand - testament that they have the best located beach resorts around the world! The job will entail scouring the Caribbean in search of perfect beach locations to build the next Sandals Resort. Key skills learnt on the job include location sourcing, sand quality checks, tidal and water property testing, air quality checks, not forgetting view and land stretch analysis enabling them to become an expert like their mentor.
In true Apprentice style, ten finalists will be selected. It will take a convincing display of passion and dedication for sand and tropical beaches in order to walk off with the winning prize.
The chosen apprentice will fly to Emerald Bay in the Bahamas, the Sandmans latest accomplishment, to get hands on experience and learn the complex details that make the perfect beach.
Jeremy Jones, Sandals current Sandman, says: “I’ve been the Sandman for the last five years and have scoured the Caribbean in search of perfect beaches to build the next Sandals resort. My most recent find is Emerald Bay, Great Exuma in the Bahamas which is opening towards the end of January 2010. It took me a year to find but it was certainly worth it. The Sandman apprentice winner will have the opportunity to travel the Caribbean, visit beautiful beaches and help me find the hidden gems still waiting to be discovered. It’s a never ending search but someone has to do it!”
UK beach fans can enter the competition on www.Sandals.co.uk explaining why they deserve to become the first Sandals Sandman Apprentice.
- Ends -
For further information, interviews with The Sandman and photography please contact Frank PR on call 0207 693 6999
Notes to editors:
Entries need to be received by 11 December 2009 and a shortlist of 10 people will be picked by Jeremy Jones, Sandals incumbent Sandman and interviewed. The winner will be notified by 21st December 2009 and be expected to carry out a two week apprenticeship at the new resort in Emerald Bay in the Bahamas
· Someone who is willing to travel
· Enjoys adventure, the outdoors and has a love of beaches
· A good traveller – i.e. can ride in helicopters, jeeps, all modes of transport etc to carry out recess under all various circumstances/nature elements
· An outdoors personality – i.e. good swimmer, walker etc
· Works to high levels of standards and can follow strict beach guideline policies
· Interested in oceanography and physical geography
· Likes walking along beaches, swimming, air travel, jeep rides, sunshine, beaches
Someone who can work to high levels of standards and can follow strict beach guideline policies
T&C’s for the Sandman apprenticeship
· Entrants must register on the Sandals website – www.Sandals.co.uk
· All entries must be received by Friday 11th December 2009
· Judging will take place between 14th–18th December 2009
· All entries must include the following on the competition website:
· 300 words on why they should be the Apprentice Sandman
· Their name, address, contact e-mail/telephone number
· A shortlist of 10 entrants will be decided by Jeremy Jones, Sandals incumbent Sandman
· The finalists will be required to be interviewed by Jeremy Jones. The winner is solely down to Jeremy Jones and his decision is final.
· All finalists will be notified by phone on 21st December 2009. If a finalist cannot be reached within 48 hours, an alternative finalist will be chosen if available.
· The Winner will be awarded an opportunity to become an apprentice Sandman and experience what the job entails on a two week, all expenses paid, trip to the Caribbean.
· The new apprentice must fulfil their internship in the Caribbean before 11 December 2010.
· The role is solely an apprenticeship and not a full time position
· Competition only open to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged 18 years
or over, except employees and their families of Sandals, their agents or anyone
professionally connected with the administration of this promotion
· All finalists may be used for PR and publicity around the competition
· There is no cash alternative to the prize & spending money is not included.
· Holiday insurance is not included and must be purchased before travel.
· The prize is subject to availability, cannot be taken during peak seasons (Easter, July,
August, December and New Year) and cannot be confirmed until 90 days prior to
· Once dates are confirmed there will be an administration fee for any changes made
to the reservation. This fee varies in accordance with the airlines.
· The prize is strictly non transferable, non refundable, and is subject to Sandals &
Beaches normal terms and conditions. This excludes the blue chip hurricane
guarantee, which does not apply for prize holidays.
· Sandals Resorts are for couples only.
· Sandals Resorts reserve the right to relocate prize winners from the stated resort to an
alternative Sandals resort if rooms become unavailable for the travel dates requested.
· Prize winners must be over 18. One entry per household.
· By entering, you agree you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions
Meerchat with the Hoff-Kat
Aleksandr Orlov launches new monthly Meerchat show with David Hasselhoff
Aleksandr Orlov, the billionaire meerkat made famous by his comparison website, comparethemeerkat.com is turning his paw to presenting for a brand new monthly “Meerchat” podcast launching today with Hollywood legend David Hasselhoff.
The Russian entrepreneur, who has over half-a-million fans on Facebook and over 20,000 Twitter followers, will be interviewing a number of stars ranging from Hollywood A-Listers to leaders of industry.
The new show aims to support Aleksandr’s wider campaign to highlight the difference between his own website comparethemeerkat.com and the website for easy car insurance comparethemarket.com.
Broadcast from the Meerchat studios in the drawing room of Orlov Mansions, the show features both exciting meerkat news, and a high profile celebrity interview. Aleksandr’s right-hand-man, Sergei, acts as the show’s producer.
Aleksandr Orlov said “I have always been big fan of Mr Hoff so when he phone me personally to ask to be first guest on new show “Meerchat” I was happier than meerpup in grub shop. Sergei is ironing my Michael Knight commemorative pants right now! As well as big Holly Woods star interview I will also be talking about latest news and answering some questions from my loyal fans on the Twitter.”
David Hasselhoff said “I’ve heard so much about Aleksandr - it was a real pleasure to finally meet him and an honour to be the first guest on his monthly chat show. I‘ve always been pretty big over in Moscow, but he’s taking it to another level. We had a little chat, discussed life, America’s Got Talent, and beauty secrets – he’s a real top kat!”
Aleksandr’s first Meerchat including the interview with David Hasselhof airs on Friday 13th November and will be available to download on his website comparethemeerkat.com or from iTunes.
For more information please contact Frank PR on 0207 693 6999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
• The podcast will be available from Friday 13th November and can be downloaded for free from comparethemeerkat.com and Itunes.
• comparethemarket.com was launched in 2006 as a motor insurance comparison site, offering customers a wide range of competitively priced insurance quotes instantly online, from over 400 insurance prices. It is now one of the UK’s leading price comparison brands.
• As well as insurance, comparethemarket.com now also offers comparisons on credit cards, loans, current accounts and savings accounts.
Tuesday, 10 November 2009
Last night, celebrities including Vernon Kay, Jesse Metcalfe, Taboo from Black Eyed Peas, Leigh Francis and Matthew Horne hit the red carpet for the hotly anticipated premiere of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Over 2.4million pre-orders have been placed in the U.S for the battle game from Activision Blizzard Inc - the highest in the publisher's history.
Crowds gathered in London's Leicester Square for a 'premiere' for the game complete with tanks and military uniforms to celebrate the launch.
For more information or photography call Frank PR on +44 020 7693 6999 or email email@example.com
Kym Marsh crowned winner of Bounty Celebrity Mum of the Year 2009
MANCHESTER (November 4, 2009) Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has been awarded, by the public, the coveted award of Bounty Celebrity Mum of the Year award.
Swapping the cobbles for the limelight, the 33 year old actress and mum of two, Kym Marsh accepted the award on Wednesday morning. Kym was thrilled, “This is such an honour. It’s been an emotionally tough year but the public’s support and good wishes have been incredible. This really means so much to me.”
After a difficult year, the plucky single mum has clearly won a place in the nation’s hearts. Currently playing Michelle Connor in the UK’s most popular soap, Kym’s resilience and drive to succeed to provide for her two children, David, 14, and Emily,11, has made her the first choice of the public.
With record amounts of votes, this year’s award was the most hotly contested to date. Kym battled off This Morning presenter and returning-to-work new mum, Holly Willoughby and the former presenter Fern Britton. She also faced stiff competition from Tess Daley, Charlotte Church and Emma Bunton. Despite having caused controversy in the shortlist, Katie Price failed to reclaim her title and featured in 19th position.
Faye Mingo, Parenting Spokesperson for Bounty.com said, “We delighted that Kim has been recognised. Whilst she’s a celebrity with a fantastic career, other mums admire the fact that her feet remain firmly of the ground and that family comes first for Kim. The public have got behind her to make sure she finishes the year on a high.”
The top ten celebrity mums are as follows:
1. Kym Marsh
2. Holly Willoughby
3. Tess Daly
4. Fern Britton
5. Emma Bunton
6. Charlotte Church
7. Myleene Klass
8. Kate Garraway
9. Edith Bowman
10. Billie Piper
For further information on the award or images please contact the team on 020 7693 6999 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bounty (www.bounty.com) is the UK’s favourite parenting club, providing information, support and products for young families throughout the four key-life stages: pre-birth, birth, toddlers and pre-school.
With 2.5 million members and over 50,000 new members joining every month, Bounty has approximately 96% market coverage of the estimated 800,000 annual births in the UK.
www.bounty.com is the UK’s favourite parenting website and the largest online meeting point for mums in the UK with over 12 million impressions each month, 750,000 opted-in members and a further 28,000 new members joining each month